DART staff provides small group training to help individuals learn to ride the bus in Greater Des Moines. Training will demonstrate how to plan a trip, read maps and schedules, recognize bus stops, pay fares, practice rider safety and more. How to Ride Training sessions are free and open to the public.
How to Ride Training sessions are scheduled on the following dates in 2017:
- Thursday, Jan. 12 from 10 a.m. to noon
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 8 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 12 from 10 a.m. to noon
- Wednesday, May 10 from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, June 8 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 12 from 10 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, Sept. 12 from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 9 from 10 a.m. to noon
All How to Ride Training sessions will be held in the Multimodal Room at DART Central Station (620 Cherry Street, Des Moines).
For questions please contact DART Mobility Coordinator Alison Walding at 515-283-5000 or email@example.com. No reservations are necessary.