In case of an emergency, DART will guarantee a ride home between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To qualify for a Guaranteed Ride Home, you must:
- Be a monthly bus pass holder, Unlimited Access participant or RideShare vanpooler.
- Use one of the following DART services:
- Local Route 1 – Fairgrounds, extension to Pleasant Hill
- Local Route 4 – E 14th St, extension to Polk County Jail, Dee Zee Manufacturing and the Hy-Vee Commissary
- Local Route 7 – SW 9th St, extension to County Line Rd
- Local Route 8 – Fleur Dr
- Local Route 11 – Ingersoll/Valley Junction, service west of 42nd St
- Local Route 13 – SE Park Ave
- Local Route 16 – Douglas Ave, extension to Lower Beaver Rd and Meredith Dr
- Flex Route 73 – Urbandale/Windsor Heights
- Flex Route 74 – NW Urbandale
- All Express Routes
- Grimes/NW Johnston On Call
To request this service, please call 515-283-8100 and a vehicle will arrive to pick you up within 30 minutes. Individuals are guaranteed three rides home per calendar year.