DART Central Station is the heart of the transit network in Greater Des Moines. Located in downtown Des Moines at 620 Cherry Street, it is the primary transfer location between routes and includes the Customer Service Department and Administrative Offices.
DART Central Station has been certified LEED Platinum, the highest certification of the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Rating System of the U.S. Green Building Council. DART Central Station’s design, construction and operations save water, use fewer resources, reduce pollution and contribute to healthier environments for our customers and the community.
DART Central Station is open during these hours:
Monday-Friday: 5 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday: 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sunday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Routes and Platform Assignments
Local Routes operate out of DART Central Station. Each route has an assigned bus platform.
|Route 1 - Platform G|
|Route 3 - Platform O|
Route 4 - Platform B
|Route 5 - Platform A|
|Route 6 - Platform C|
|Route 7 - Platform D||
Route 8 - Platform L
|Route 11 - Platform M|
|Route 14 - Platform F|
|Route 15 - Platform H|
|Route 16 - Platform J|
|Route 17 - Platform N|
|Route 52 - Platform E|
|Route 60 (Ingersoll to University) - Platform I|
|Route 60 (University to Ingersoll) - Platform K|
DART Central Station is designed and operated to ensure a safe environment to the public. Safety features include:
- The station is monitored around the clock by police or security officers.
- The facility is under video surveillance.
- A highly visible, bright blue security phone is located at the south end of the bus platforms. A person who picks up the receiver will be connected directly to the police.
DART Central Station is for the residents and guests of Greater Des Moines. Please treat it with care and respect.
- No smoking.
- No alcohol.
- No littering.
- No loud music or sounds.
- No spitting.
- No aggressive or harassing behavior.
- No animals other than service animals.
- No rollerblading, roller shoes, skateboarding or bicycling.
- No loitering, sitting or lying on floors, or sleeping or camping.
- No use of property without wearing shirt and shoes.
- Facility is tobacco-free.
- Facility is under video surveillance at all times.
There are several features at DART Central Station for bicyclists:
- Public bike racks on the northeast sidewalk of the station
- Secure, indoor storage available by membership (To download bicycle storage application, click here.)
- Docking stations for the B-cycle bike-sharing program are on the north sidewalk (B-cyle bikes do not fit on DART bus bike racks)
Additional information about DART's Bike & Ride program, click here.
DART Central Station's large meeting room is made available for use by non-profit community organizations at no charge and by individuals and for-profit groups for a fee.
Click here for Meeting Room Policy and Application
Java Joes CoffeeHouse
Java Joes CoffeeHouse at DART Central Station, Suite 100 closed effective Saturday, April 27, 2019. The space vacated by Java Joes will remain empty until DART chooses a replacement vendor.