Posted: May 22, 2020, updated: November 4, 2020
DART has continued to evaluate and adjust its service levels as our region continues to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. Riders can find a list of routes currently running reduced service, and a description of the service level in the table below. Click on the route name to be directed to the route's page where you can view maps and schedules. A full list of DART's routes and services is available by clicking here. More information on the impact the pandemic has had on DART's staff is available by clicking here.
|Local Route||Service currently operating|
|6 - Indianola||Additional service restored on Aug. 23, but route not quite running full weekday service schedule.|
|15 - 6th Ave||Additional service restored on Aug. 23, but route not quite running full weekday service schedule.|
|17 - Hubbell Ave / Altoona||Additional service restored on Aug. 23, but route not quite running full weekday service schedule.|
|72 - West Des Moines Loop||Modified Saturday service schedule on weekdays with additional evening trips added, no change to weekend service schedule.|
|74 - NW Urbandale||All trips restored to this route with minor schedule changes to improve transfers with Route 3 at the Windsor Heights Walmart.|
|Express Routes||Service currently operating|
|93 - NW 86th||Currently running service for four morning and three afternoon trips.|
|98 - Ankeny||Currently running service for five morning and seven afternoon trips.|
|Other services||Service currently operating|
|D-Line Shuttle||Service operating every 15-minutes instead of every 10-minutes. No change to service span.|
DART’s proactive steps
We want to assure riders that DART is taking many precautions and has preventative measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As described in the table above, DART took measures to temporarily adjust service to fit lower ridership rates and a lower pool of available workforce as needed throughout 2020. Along with this, DART:
- Cleans and sanitizes vehicles and facilities daily, including high-touch areas.
- Blocks seats on buses to promote social distancing.
- Requires everyone inside of DART Central Station to wear a mask, and limits the amount of time riders can spend inside the lobby.
- Requires masks to be worn on board all buses.
- Requires health screenings of employees before beginning work each day.
- Closing Operator lounges, breakrooms and other employee gathering places, and encouraging however many employees that can, to work from home.
As the region continues to deal with the spread of COVID-19, DART reminds riders that they should follow several recommendations, including:
- Masks are required to be worn on the bus and at DART Central Station
- Remain six feet away from others whenever possible
- Use hand sanitizer before and after you board the bus
- Avoid touching your face
- Do not ride DART if you feel sick