Planning trips by DART is easier than ever with MyDART Tools. The growing suite of tools use DART schedule information and the real-time locations of its buses, based on their GPS positions, to provide a greater level of information about bus service in Greater Des Moines.
MyDART Tools use GPS data to predict estimated departure times, which are accurate within a two-minute window. As always, please plan to arrive at your bus stop three to five minutes prior to estimated departure time.
MyDART Trip Planner is an online trip planning tool, launched in October 2013, which now includes the “Next DART Bus” feature, giving users the estimated arrival and departure times of their buses based on their GPS positions. Available on mobile and desktop devices.
MyDART Trip Planner features include:
- Trip Planner – Plan trips, from point A to point B, easily and accurately using addresses or landmarks.
- Schedules – Find and review schedules by route or specific bus stop.
- Next DART Bus – Search locations by address, bus stop or landmark to see when the next bus will be there, based on real-time bus location information.
- Locations – Find bus stops near major points of interest, such as hospitals, schools or shopping centers.
- Stop Finder – Find bus stops closest to addresses, businesses or points of interest.
RideTime Transit is a mobile app service that provides access to real-time and schedule information. RideTime Transit is free and available for download on multiple platforms including iOS, Android and Windows Phone. NOTE: Flex Route data remains in testing and will be available in the near future.
MyDARText is an SMS service that informs riders when the bus is estimated, based on real-time bus location information, to arrive at a bus stop. To receive estimated departure times text DART and the Stop ID# (Example: DART0000) to 64274. NOTE: Flex Route data remains in testing and will be available in the near future. Bus stop signs will continue to be posted in the coming months.
MyDART Phone is an interactive voice response (IVR) service that informs riders when the bus is scheduled and estimated, based on real-time bus location information, to arrive at a bus stop. Additional service information is also available. To receive estimated departure times call 515-283-8100 and selection Option 1.