MyDART App Updates, Tips & Tricks and What’s Next
Many riders have provided feedback about the MyDART App since we launched a year ago and we’re happy to share some updates, tips & tricks and future improvements. Still need to download the app? The MyDART app is free-to-download on Android and iOS (Apple) devices.
- New payment methods. Google Pay and Apple Pay are now available. Look for the option in your shopping cart.
- Quicker checkout. A “Buy Now” feature allows you to instantly select your bus pass and check out.
- Improved real-time. The GPS location of buses is tracked more often to improve accuracy.
- Nearby feature. Nearby bus stops automatically appear when opening the Next DART Bus tool.
- DART Central Station real-time. An issue preventing real-time from being available at DART Central Station has been corrected. Times are available for all routes, including buses that change routes when they arrive at the station.
Tips & Tricks
- Plan trips in the future. Below the empty text fields, select “Dep now” in the Trip Planner or “now” in the Next DART Bus to plan a trip in the future.
- Favorite your frequent bus stops or trips. Tap the gray star to the right of a bus stop or trip to make it show at the top of the list.
- View bus stops on a map. Select “MAP” in the Trip Planner or Next DART Bus tabs to view all of DART’s bus stops on a map of Greater Des Moines. Tap on a bus stop to view next bus times.
- QR code updates. (Early 2019) The QR code on mobile tickets will be adjusted so it’s easier to scan on the farebox.
- Fewer steps to bus times. (Spring 2019) The Next DART Bus feature will be a separate menu item. This will reduce the steps to get bus times.
- More payment options. (Mid-2019) Two new payment methods will be added in 2019: PayNearMe, allowing riders to pay with cash and PayPal, a popular online payment system.