DART is making changes to several of its routes and services on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019. As part of this service change, DART will:
- Extend Local Route 4 – E 14th St. north to serve the Hy-Vee Commissary in Ankeny,
- Update the schedule for Local Route 5 – Franklin Ave/Johnston,
- Improve how often the bus runs on schedule for Local Route 6 – Indianola Avenue by reverting midday, weekday frequency, back to 30 minutes,
- Eliminate the loop around Park Fair Mall from Local Route 15 – 6th Ave,
- Combine morning trips on Express Route 92 – Hickman,
- And make other small schedule, routing or platform changes for several other DART routes.
Thanks to a new partnership with Hy-Vee, DART will extend service on select trips on Local Route 4 – E 14th Street north to serve the new Hy-Vee Commissary facility in Ankeny. Extended trips will travel north from Dee Zee Manufacturing on NE 58th Avenue, north on NE 22nd Street/SE Delaware Avenue to the Commissary.
Thanks to this partnership, employees of the Hy-Vee Commissary facility would be able to ride DART Local, Express, Flex and On-Call routes free with their ID. Riders can view a schedule for Route 4 here.
DART is changing the schedule for Local Route 5 – Franklin Ave/Johnston to improve the ability of the route to run at its scheduled times. While scheduled times for this route will shift, there will be no change to how often buses on this route will run. View a schedule of route 5 here.
To improve how often buses on Local Route 6 – Indianola Avenue and Local Route 16 – Douglas Avenue are on-time, DART needs to reduce how often buses run on Local Route 6 during midday hours. DART improved this frequency during the service change in August 2018, and noticed that the change often caused buses on Local Route 6 and its interlined route, Local Route 16, to run late.
To fix this issue, DART will move Local Route 6 back to 30 minute frequency during the midday hours. This route will also now interline with Local Route 1 – Fairgrounds. Riders can view a schedule for Local Route 6 here.
DART is shortening the route for Local Route 15, by removing service from five stops located in the loop around Park Fair Mall, including along the following streets:
- Douglas Avenue between 2nd Avenue and Cambridge Street
- Euclid Avenue between 2nd Avenue and Cambridge Street
- 2nd Avenue between Douglas Avenue and Euclid Avenue.
Please be aware that these five stops will remain in use for either Local Route 4 – E 14th St. or Local Route 50 – Euclid/Douglas Crosstown.
Making this change will help DART to improve how often Local Route 15 and its interlined route, Local Route 7 – SW 9th Street remain on schedule.
DART is combining several morning trips on this route with ridership rates of five people or less. The new schedule includes five trips in the morning from Clive to downtown Des Moines, rather than seven. DART surveyed riders onboard the route to identify the times that would work best for the majority. Click here to view a schedule for route 92.
- Local Route 7 – SW 9th Street: This route will no longer serve SW 5th and Leland on trips that travel to McCombs Middle School. View a schedule for route 7 here.
- Local Route 11 – Ingersoll/Valley Junction: This route is changing platforms at DART Central Station. After Jan. 13, Route 11 will pick-up and drop-off riders at Platform M.
- Local Route 50 – Euclid/Douglas Crosstown: Local Route 50 will no longer pull into Polk County River Place (2309 Euclid Avenue) when the business is not open, before 7:30 a.m. or after 5:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- Schedule changes: The following routes will also undergo schedule changes in this service change. You can view schedules by clicking on the route name in the list below.
- Local Route 1 – Fairgrounds
- Local Route 3 – University
- Local Route 7 – SW 9th
- Local Route 10 – East University
- Local Route 11 – Ingersoll/Valley Junction
- Local Route 13 – SE Park Ave
- Local Route 14 – Beaver Ave
- Local Route 16 – Douglas Ave
- Local Route 17 – Hubbell Ave/Altoona
- Local Route 52 – Valley West/Jordan Creek
- Local Route 60 – University/Ingersoll
- Flex Route 72 - West Des Moines/Clive
- Flex Route 74 – NW Urbandale