DART is making changes to its service, which will impact routes and schedules for select routes. This service change will include the following changes:
- Local Route 17 will extend to Bondurant on select trips each day to provide service to the new Amazon Fulfillment Center.
- Schedules will change for Local Route 4 – NE 14th and Express Route 98 – Ankeny.
- DART will add additional trips on several Local Routes to accommodate Des Moines Public School students returning to in-person classes.
Local Route 17 - Hubbell Ave/Altoona
DART will extend this route to travel to the new Amazon Fulfillment Center in Bondurant on select trips daily. On trips to Bondurant, this extension will continue traveling east on Adventureland Drive to NE 72nd Street, where buses will turn left on NE 62nd Street and Amazon. On these trips, riders will be able to access new stops on Local Route 17. These include:
Stops that already serve Express Route 99
- Adventureland Dr / Prairie Meadows Dr (near the entrances for both Adventureland Park and Prairie Meadows Casino)
- Adventureland Dr / 14th Ave NW (near Altoona Towers and Adventureland Village apartment complexes)
- Adventureland Dr / 10th St NW (near the Spruce Point Apartment Complex and Greenway Park)
- Adventureland Dr / 5th St NW (near the Redwood apartments)
- Adventureland Dr / 1st St NW (near several convenience stores and an office building housing several businesses)
- The new Amazon facility
The route will travel to the Amazon facility from DART Central Station twice daily (including weekends). The route will also travel from the Amazon facility to DART Central Station three times on weekdays and twice on weekends. Click here to view the new schedule for Route 17.
Schedule changes: Local Route 4 – SE 14th and Express Route 98 - Ankeny
DART is making changes to schedules for Local Route 4 to better fit commute times for employees of the HyVee Commissary in Ankeny. Among the changes, is the conversion of the first trip of Express Route 98 from downtown Des Moines to the city of Ankeny. That trip will be converted into Local Route 4 which will travel to the HyVee Commissary, leaving DART Central Station at 5:25 a.m. After stopping at the Commissary facility, that bus will continue to travel to DMACC’s Ankeny campus, where the bus will become the first trip from Ankeny to downtown Des Moines on Express Route 98, leaving DMACC’s campus at 6:23 a.m.
- Click here to view new schedule for Local Route 4 - SE 14th
- Click here to view new schedule for Express Route 98 - Ankeny
DART adds select trips on certain Local Routes in the morning or afternoon during the school year. These trips transport DMPS students and staff to school and back. During summer break, and while DMPS students were attending classes virtually due to COVID-19, DART removed that service from its schedules. Now that students will be transitioning back to some in-person learning, DART will add this service back to schedules. DART will closely monitor passenger levels on buses and may add extra buses on busy routes to provide space for social distancing.