DART Park & Ride to the Iowa State Fair
Fair-goers can park their car and ride DART for a convenient, air-conditioned trip to the Iowa State Fair August 9 - 19, 2018.
Free Parking Locations
Three Park & Ride locations are available, with free parking, from 8:30 a.m. to midnight each day of the fair. All buses will drop off and pick up at Gate 10 at the Fairgrounds.
- Center Street Park & Ride, 7th and Center Streets (map)
Enter Center Street parking ramp on 7th Street. Bus picks up at the corner of 6th Avenue and Center Street.
- Iowa State Capitol, East 12th Street (map)
Parking available at State Capitol visitor lots. Bus picks up on East 12th Street, directly east of the Capitol building. Map of State Capitol visitor parking lots. NOTE: On weekends, all State Capitol parking lots are available for DART Park & Ride parking.
- Southeast Polk High School, NE 80th Street and Highway 163 (map)
Parking available in high school parking lots. Bus picks up at main door of high school and drops off at Gate 10* of the Fairgrounds. This is a very popular Park & Ride location and fills up quickly each morning. If you're heading to the Fair in the late morning or early afternoon, you are encouraged to use the Center Street or Capitol Park & Ride locations. Please also be advised that as SE Polk fills up, there is a longer walk from further parking spots to the bus pick-up location. Overnight parking is not allowed at SE Polk High School. Vehicles will be towed after 2 a.m.
*please note that this is a change from previous years
Costs to Ride
Round-trip Fares (cash or MyDART app passes only). All riders need a bus ticket to get to the Fair. No ticket needed for the return trip. One-way fares are available upon request.
- $2 adults (ages 11+)
- $1 children ages 6-10, adults (65+), Medicare card holders and people with disabilities (half-fare)
- Children 5 and younger are free
Discount: Show your Iowa State Fair advance admission ticket OR purchase your ticket in the MyDART app and receive half off the round-trip fare!
Tips for using the MyDART app to buy your Park & Ride bus ticket:
- Plan ahead! Bus tickets are available now in the app so you can be ready to board when you arrive.
- One person can buy multiple tickets in the app. There is no need for each person in a group to download the app.
- You will need to create an account to buy bus tickets in the MyDART app.
- Activate your ticket(s) a few minutes before you're ready to board the bus.
- To board the bus, simply show your device to the DART staff person at the bus' entrance.
DART Customer Service
For questions or more information about DART's Park & Ride service to the Iowa State Fair, please contact DART Customer Service by phone at 515-283-8100, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person at 620 Cherry Street, Des Moines.