Posted on August, 16 2021
DART will make some minor changes to its service on select routes on Sunday, August 22, 2021. These changes will impact the following routes:
- Express Routes 98
- The D-Line shuttle
- School Tripper service restored
Details on the changes occurring as part of this service change are described below. Digital copies of schedules are available by clicking on the route names below.
Express Route 98 - Ankeny
As part of this service change, DART will add an additional trip from Ankeny to downtown Des Moines, as well as a return trip from downtown back to Ankeny on weekday mornings. Click here to view the new schedule for Express Route 98.
The D-Line Shuttle
Service will begin to run more often on DART’s free to ride D-Line shuttle, to roughly every 10 minutes. As part of its efforts to adapt service during the COVID-19 pandemic, DART had reduced frequency on this route to 15-minutes. Now as more central Iowans receive their COVID-19 vaccination and restrictions ease, DART will adapt its service back to run every 10 minutes once again. The D-Line runs on weekdays from 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. through the Des Moines Farmer’s Market season. Once the season concludes, the D-Line runs on Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
School Tripper service
DART adds school service on certain Local Routes in the morning or afternoon during the school year. As a DART Unlimited Access partner, DMPS assigns some students to ride DART to and from school. These students and all staff can ride DART free anytime with their ID. All other students (not assigned to DART for school transportation) ride DART free after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and weekends during the school year. All students ride free with their school ID all day when school is not in session (summer, holidays, etc.).
Seven of DART’s Local Routes have service to school stops reflected on schedules. These routes are:
- Local Route 1 – Fairgrounds
- Local Route 7 – SW 9th Street
- Local Route 8 – Fleur Drive
- Local Route 14 – Beaver Avenue
- Local Route 15 – 6th Avenue
- Local Route 16 – Douglas Avenue
- Local Route 17 – Hubbell Avenue/Altoona
You can locate these stops by clicking on the links above to view the schedule for each route. DART highlights the impacted school stops on schedules.
Please continue to help stop the spread of COVID-19
As per a mandate from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), riders and employees are required to wear masks on buses and at DART Central Station.
DART continues to promote the health and wellbeing of its employees and riders and has taken the following measures as it continues to provide service throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The installation of temporary plastic barriers between the fareboxes and the operator’s seat on all buses;
- providing hand sanitizer and face masks for riders on the bus;
- daily cleaning and sanitizing of all DART vehicles and facilities with regular disinfecting of high-touch areas throughout the day;
- encouraging social distancing on DART buses and at DART Central Station;
- providing PPE for all employees; and
- requiring employees to complete wellbeing check before work each day, which includes a temperature check.