Community members are invited to a series of eight public meetings and three drop by meetings Feb. 29–March 2, 2016, to give input about transit in the region and the DART Forward 2035 Plan.
DART is undergoing a study to update the DART Forward 2035 Transit Services Plan to ensure that it continues to meet the mobility needs of the growing Greater Des Moines community. To learn more about the DART Forward Plan and its objectives, click here.
Public meetings will include a short presentation from DART staff and a comment period. DART staff will be available during drop by meetings to discuss public transit in the region and the plan with individuals in a timeframe that suits their schedules.
Public Meetings on DART Forward 2035
Monday, Feb. 29
- Noon–1 p.m., DART Central Station, Multimodal Room
- 5–6 p.m., Altoona Hyvee Community Room
- 6–7 p.m., DMACC Southridge, Room 20C
Tuesday, March 1
- 10:30 a.m.–1 p.m. and 3–6 p.m., Jordan Creek Town Center (Drop By Meeting)
- 5–6 p.m., Pleasant Hill Public Library, Meeting Room
- 6–7 p.m., Ankeny City Hall
Wednesday, March 2
- 10:30 a.m.–2 p.m., DART Central Station, Lobby (Drop By Meeting)
- 3–6 p.m., South Suburban YMCA (Drop By Meeting)
- 4:30–5:30 p.m., Urbandale Public Library, Meeting Room A/B
- 5–6 p.m., North Side Public Library, Meeting Room
- 6–7 p.m., Johnston Library, Meeting Room
If you are unable to attend a meeting, view the presentation
If you are unable to attend a meeting and would like to provide feedback, please call 515-283-8100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail DART Forward 2035 Update, 620 Cherry Street, Des Moines, IA 50309. An online community survey is also available here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DARTCommunity.
Free language, visual, hearing services are available at meetings upon request. Transportation services are also available. For requests, please call DART Customer Service at 515-283-8100 with as much advanced notice as possible.