Try Transit Week is October 16-22. Ride free on Local, Express, Flex and On Call Buses
Try a new route or go to a new destination during Try Transit Week, October 16 – 22, 2016. DART Local, Express, Flex and On Call buses will be free to ride during the week – no pass or cash needed, just hop on the bus.
- Save money – Save on parking, gas and maintenance.
- Reduce stress – Riding public transit is proven to lower stress levels.
- Get time back in your day – Read, chat, sleep or relax on the bus.
- Improve your health – Public transit riders get up to 13 more minutes of daily activity than non-riders.
- Feel good about your commute – switching to riding the bus is an easy way to reduce your carbon footprint.
How to Ride
Step 1: Plan your trip
- Bus schedules and the full DART system map are available at ridedart.com by clicking on “Routes” at the top of the webpage.
- Google Maps and Bing Maps have DART’s schedule times built into their travel directions. Enter your trip details and click on the transit or bus icon to see DART bus routes and times.
- DART Customer Service can help plan your trip. Call 515-283-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Step 2: Get the rider tools
- RideTime mobile app is a mobile app that gives you the exact arrive time of your bus using GPS location. Available on Android, Apple or Windows phones.
- Text message for your next bus time. Text “DART” and your bus stop number (example: DART0000) to 64274.
For additional information about DART services, please contact DART Customer service at 515-283-8100 or email@example.com.