Effective Sunday, June 5, 2016, DART is making the following changes:
- Stop #2747 at Valley West Mall will be moved to 31st Street. DART buses will be rerouted to serve new stop #457 (Southbound) and new stop #456 (Northbound). Times will also be adjusted. The move will affect the following routes:
- Local Routes 3, 15, 17, 52, and 60 and Express Route 98 will no longer use 5th Avenue downtown, and will return to traveling south on 7th Street.
New schedules are available below. Printed schedules are available at DART Central Station and on DART buses.
NEW Schedules for June Service Change
- Local Route 3
- Local Route 15
- Local Route 17
- Local Route 52
- Local Route 60
- Express Route 98
- Flex Routes 72
- Flex Route 74
In addition to the changes listed above:
DART, Valley West Mall and the City of West Des Moines are working to complete construction on a sidewalk and bus shelter that will provide riders with access from the new stop on 31st Street to the mall entrance. The stop will move as planned on Sunday, June 5; construction on the sidewalk and shelter are underway. Until that the sidewalk is complete, those with disabilities can be dropped off at the former stop at Valley West Mall’s doors on request. In addition, DART staff will be present Sunday, June 5, and Monday, June 6. As a result of these changes, schedules for these routes has changed for all stops. Please check ridedart.com or print schedules for new times.
· Park & Ride location at Valley West Mall: Riders are asked to park near the new stop #457 on mall property.
· Flex Routes 72 and 74: New stops have been added at University and Aspen Ridge to accommodate schedule changes. The routes will serve Inbound/Eastbound at stop #3987 and Outbound/Westbound at stop #3986.
· Local Routes 3 and 52 and Flex Route 74: New stops have been added in the area of 28th Street and University Ave. to accommodate changes. The stops are Outbound/Northbound #3400 and Inbound/Southbound #431.
· Local Routes 3 and 52 traveling to Valley West Mall and Flex Route 74: These routes will no longer serve Outbound/Westbound stop #2812 at Westown Parkway and 30th Street. Express Route 94 will continue to serve this stop.
· Flex Route 72: This route will no longer travel by stop #3670 and stop #3681 on Valley West Drive near Target.
Note: Time changes will affect bus transfers. Please plan your trip well in advance to get to your transfer location on time.
Click here to view a map of the changes.
For more information, please call Customer Service at 515-283-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.