Posted on September, 8 2022
Beginning Monday, Oct. 3, 2022, the cost to ride DART On Demand is changing, and riders will have more options for how they pay their fare. When DART started service on DART On Demand in Ankeny, replacing the former On Call service for the community, a promotional price of $1 per ride was set. Now, nearly one year after beginning service, the promotional fare price is ending, and single trips on the service for full-fare riders will increase to $1.75 per ride, the same price as DART’s other Fixed Route services.
More ways to pay
By setting the fare to that of other Fixed Route services, riders will be able to use a variety of fare options to pay to ride DART On Demand, including:
- Using cash on the bus
- Using a day, weekly or monthly paper pass
- Using a day, 7-day, or 31-day MyDART app pass
- Using a DART token
- Using the DART On Demand app
The same fare structure of $1.75 per full-fare ride will be used for future DART On Demand zones as they are developed across DART’s member communities.
Half Fare and Ride to Thrive
Riders who qualify for either the Half Fare or Ride to Thrive programs can pay half the cost to ride DART, including on DART On Demand. Riders who are eligible for the Half Fare program include:
- Adults age 65+
- Persons with disabilities
Riders who are eligible for the Ride to Thrive program include:
- Individuals receiving food assistance
- Individuals receiving housing assistance
- Individuals receiving workforce or childcare assistance
To learn how to enroll in either program, speak to DART Customer Service or click here.
Questions or comments
Riders with questions or comments about DART’s fares or its DART On Demand service are encouraged to reach out to Customer Service by:
- Calling 515-283-8100 and selecting option 0
- Speak to Customer Service at DART Central Station (620 Cherry Street, Des Moines)
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org