DART Forward 2035 Overview
- A 9 percent increase in ridership from 2013 to 2015;
- Opening of a new transfer station in downtown Des Moines with launch of a redesigned route network;
- Shorter wait times between trips;
- Service later on weekdays and earlier and later on weekends to better align with retail hours; and
- Additional or expanded routes to serve more places in the region.
Year Five Update Objectives
- Engage riders and the general public throughout the entire process to ensure the updated service plan meets the needs and wants of the community.
- Determine how population and development patterns have changed since the original study and identify any unmet needs.
- Analyze ridership and service performance to determine how riders responded to the original DART Forward 2035 service changes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop a transit service plan that is consistent with helping the Greater Des Moines region realize The Tomorrow Plan’s vision for being a livable and sustainable region.