Beginning Monday, June 1, 2020, Express Route 98 will detour to stop using the First Street exit off Interstate 35 in Ankeny. This detour will remain in effect for several months, until construction of the First Street exit on the Interstate is finished.
Please note that this detour will not change any stop location, or Park and Ride lot, for the route. It will likely impact how well the route is able to stay on schedule, and riders should anticipate some delays, especially during peak travel times.
While the route is on detour it will follow these directions:
- Morning heading downtown
- After picking riders up at the MercyOne Park & Ride lot, the bus will travel east on First Street, turn right to travel south on SW Delaware, turn left onto Oralabor Road to exit onto Interstate 35 South.
- Morning heading to Ankeny
- There will be no change in direction, route will continue to exit on Oralabor Road to travel to DMACC’s Ankeny campus.
- Afternoon heading to Ankeny
- Route will exit Interstate 35 North at Oralabor Road, turn right to travel North on SE Delaware Ave and turn left to travel on First Street to the MercyOne Park & Ride lot.
- Afternoon heading downtown
- There will be no change in direction, route will continue to travel down Oralabor Road to exit to head south on Interstate 35 South.
As a reminder, Express Route 98 is operating a reduced service schedule as Central Iowa continues to deal with COVID-19, more commonly known as coronavirus. Learn more about the steps DART has taken to protect its riders and staff as we continue to provide service for essential travel during the pandemic.