Due to flooding, the City of Des Moines announced it is closing Fleur Drive around 11 a.m. on Thursday, March 14, 2019. This closure could continue through Wednesday, March 20 and will likely have a significant impact on most of DART’s routes and services.
Riders will notice delays across most of DART’s Local and Express Routes, especially during peak commute hours. This is especially true for routes traveling downtown, as the closure of Fleur Drive will cause increased traffic in the downtown area. In addition, St. Patrick’s Day festivities will bring several visitors to the downtown region this weekend, which will lead to additional delays to DART’s service. More information on detours for Saturday, March 16 available here.
As a reminder to riders, DART offers several technology tools and resources that help you track your bus in real-time.
- MyDART text: DART riders can receive real-time arrival data for their bus stops through our text message service. To receive estimated times for your stop, text DART and your stop ID number (Example: DART1234) to 515515. Bus stop numbers can be found on the stops, and on the MyDART Trip Planner.
- MyDART Trip Planner: DART riders can plan trips and track real-time bus arrival times for their stops through the MyDART Trip Planner. This planner is available online, or through the MyDART mobile app, available for both Android and iOS devices.
- DART Customer Service: You can reach DART Customer Service by calling 515-283-8100. Customer service phone lines are staffed on weekdays from 6 a.m. - 7 p.m., and on weekends between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
DART Local Route 8 – Fleur Drive will likely be delayed due to increased traffic on Thomas Beck Road. Please note that this route will not need to detour due to road closures on Fleur Drive.
Martin Luther King Jr. Pkwy
Riders of DART Local Route 6 – Indianola Ave. should expect delays to service due to increased traffic on Martin Luther King Jr. Pkwy, especially during peak commute hours. Routes that cross the road, including Local Route 7 – SW 9th.
Ingersoll and High Street
Riders of DART Local Routes 11 and 60 should expect delays to service due to increased traffic on Ingersoll and High Streets, especially during peak commute hours. On Saturday, March 16, DART will detour Local Route 14 and the D-Line onto portions of Ingersoll and High Street due to road closures downtown for St. Patrick’s Day Festivities. Riders should expect significant delays with increased traffic on Saturday, and are advised to track their buses with DART’s real-time tools.
Grand Ave and Locust Street
DART riders who use any of the following routes should expect delays to service due to increased traffic on Grand Ave and Locust Street, especially during peak commute hours:
- Local Routes 1, 4, 10, 11 and 60
- D-Line shuttle
- Express Routes 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 98 and 99
Please note that with increased traffic in the downtown region, DART expects most of its Local and Express Routes to experience delays.
In addition, the City of Des Moines is closing several downtown streets, including portions of Locust on Saturday, March 16 for St. Patrick’s Day events and activities. With these closures, and increased traffic downtown, riders should expect delays for most DART services. Please use DART’s real-time data tools and services described above to track your bus.
We appreciate your patience through these road closures and service delays. If you have any additional questions, or concerns about DART’s services, please contact DART Customer Service via email, or by calling 515-283-8100.