$1 fares extended through June 30!
Gas prices got you down? DART is ready to pick you up! DART is making it easier than ever to choose public transit by offering $1 one-way bus fares on all Local, Express and On Call services April 4 through May 31 June 30, 2022. Pass on gas--park your car and hop on board to SAVE.
The dollar deal is valid on board and in the MyDART app only. Please have exact change when paying cash on board.
Half Fare riders will receive half off their fare too! A promotional $0.50 half fare price will be offered when boarding with cash (you will need to share your half fare ID) or in the MyDART app.
All joking aside, riding DART can save you money. To calculate your own savings, check out pubictransportation.org’s Fuel Savings Calculator. Research shows that households who give up a car in favor of public transportation can save, on average, more than $800 per month.
With gas prices at a record high, kick gas to the curb and let DART put cash back in your wallet.
If you are a first-time rider or just need to brush up on your bus riding skills, riding the bus is so much easier than you might expect (or remember). Here are some tips for a smooth first ride:
- Plan your trip ahead of time. Download the MyDART app, open up a route planner like Google Maps, take a look at the route map or contact our customer service team.
- Get real-time arrival and departure information for your bus using the Next DART Bus feature in the MyDART app or by texting the bus stop ID # (DART0000) to 515515.
- Arrive at your bus stop a few minutes early.
- Make sure you board the right bus—the headway sign on the top, front of the bus will display the route number and direction of travel.
- Have your fare ready before boarding. You’ll deposit exact cash in the farebox, swipe your pass or scan your MyDART app (tap the small QR code in the corner of your mobile pass to enlarge the QR code before scanning).
- Signal the driver about a block before your stop by pulling the cord above the window or pressing the stop button on the handrail.
- Exit through the back door (if possible).
Tips for riding
Follow these helpful suggestions to make bus riding easier for you and other DART passengers:
- When you are waiting at the bus stop, make sure the driver can see you.
- Have your fare ready – exact change only.
- Whenever possible, remain seated during the ride. If you must stand, hold on to the handrails.
- Closed, sealable containers such as water bottles are allowed on the bus. Nonsealable containers such as disposable coffee cups are not allowed on the bus.
- Earphones are required if you're listening to any audio device.
- All DART buses come equipped with free WiFi and certain buses have USB ports under the seats.
Visit https://www.ridedart.com/riding-bus for more tips on how to ride.
Questions? Call DART Customer Service at 515-283-8100 and our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you. DART drivers are also happy to help answer any questions once you are on board.